Acu-Shield:Ceramic is a 100% acrylic elastomeric coating for all types of roofs. It contains ceramic microspheres and rust inhibitors, which makes it ideal for application over metal. Contains mildewcides.
Asphalt, concrete, stucco, wood, tile or any rust-free metal surface (galvanized metal, tin, cast iron or steel) .
- Reduces daily expansion and contraction. (thermal cycling).
- Contains strong rust inhibitive pigments.
- Reflects 90% of the heat and harmful UV rays of the sun.
- Excellent reflective properties, helps reduce cooling costs.
- Prevents premature aging and leaks on metal roofing.
- Contains a strong mildewcide / fungicide.
- Excellent adhesion to various metal substrates.
- Superior resistance to dirt pick-up, maintains reflectivity.
- Easy to use, easy clean up, non-toxic.
- VOC compliant water based coating.
- Solar Reflectance: 0.88 / 0.84 after 3 years (from www.energy-star.gov)
All surfaces to be coated must be clean, dry and free of any oil, grease or dirt. High pressure water washing is recommended. Any existing roof coating must be checked for good adhesion. Before application, any loosely adhered roof coating must be removed and bare surfaces must be prepared, cleaned and checked for compatibility.
Acu-Shield:Ceramic is ready to use. Thinning is not required or recommended.
Spray: Airless Sprayer, 3000 p.s.i., 2 g.p.m. capacity with a #631 tip.
Brush: Good quality synthetic bristle brush.
Roller: Long nap roller.
Material safety Data sheet
This product conforms to ASTM
Do not apply within two hours of sunset, rain, fog or freezing temperatures.
All coatings must be completely dry before exposing to water or foot traffic.
Keep all containers covered when not in use. Dispose of all containers
in accordance with state and local environmental regulations. Keep away
from children. If ingested, DO NOT induce vomiting. Call Physician immediately.
Our technical data and suggestions are based on information from laboratory and field testing which we believe to be reliable and correct. However, the accuracy and completeness of said tests are not guaranteed and not to be construed as a warranty, either expressed or implied. Since the use of the material is beyond manufacturer's control, buyer assumes all risk whatsoever as to their use or results obtained. We guarantee our products conform to Advanced Coating Systems, Inc. quality control. Advanced Coating Systems warrants only the standard quality of material. Advanced Coating Systems' sole responsibility shall be to replace that portion of our product, which proved to be defective. Installer is reponsible to test adhesion and product compatibility with substrate prior to application.